Chief Information Officer (on hold)
Our client, a stock-listed manufacturing company, is looking for a Chief Information Officer to join their ranks at the HQ in Amsterdam.
The company has a rich history dating back to the 1860’s and has evolved into a leading supplier of the high-tech industry. Their products find their way in many, many applications such as robots, logistic centres and self-driving cars. Production sites are situated in Germany, Romania, the US and China, while the HQ is situated in Amsterdam.
As the Chief Information Officer, you take end-to-end ownership of the whole IT landscape including manufacturing IT, R&D systems, ERP, infrastructure and helpdesk with about 1500 users worldwide. The core IT teams consists of 30 employees and is based in Germany with another 15 colleagues distributed over the various production sites.
Most IT activities take place in-house and on-premise. An interim CIO is currently establishing the baseline from where you will create a technology vision and strategy that is modern and that creates value to the business. You will also execute your strategy with your teams.
As it looks now, you will:
- assess the performance of the current IT teams and the possibility to outsource certain capabilities to external partners
- look at a more cost-effective approach that delivers value
- start the cloud enablement internally and with clients
- standardise the IT systems and processes; many sites use the same systems but use it in a different way and/or have customised specifically to local needs
- Establishing a data strategy whereby data takes the central place and not the people or systems
The potential challenges you will encounter are:
- A complex and scattered IT landscape due to various acquisitions
- The change in the behaviour of the users; they like the way they work now and value their autonomy
- An organisation that is great in optimising their primary manufacturing processes, however feel no need to understand or change their indirect processes
- Substantial IT management experience in a complex IT landscape
- The experience managing an end-to-end IT landscape
- Experience in changing behaviour in IT and business
- Determination in executing a vision and strategy
- Familiarity with carve-ins, carve-outs and outsourcing
- Previously worked in an international, multi-site manufacturing environment
In return you will get:
- The mandate of the Board to shape a new IT landscape and organisation the delivers value to all stakeholders
- A seat in the Management team, reporting directly into the CFO
- A salary that is in line with the position
As most of the IT teams are based abroad you are able and willing to travel internationally up to 50% of your time. Typically you stay 2 – 3 days per week abroad.
Sorry, but for this position we can only accept the application of EU citizens.