Manager Software Development
On behalf of one of the most innovative, international data solutions providers we are looking for a Manager Software Development who will increase the predictability of the releases of a software development team of 50+ highly motivated people.
Over the past years our client built a real-time platform that is able to process over 110 million records, 500 million images and (machine) translates over one billion words per day. They achieved this by re-building their platform based on MS in open-source tooling, using the most cutting-edge solutions out there.
MANAGER SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT – THE PROFILE
As a successful Manager Software Development, you have proven to be a true people manager by giving strong technical direction and structure to development teams of highly skilled techies.
Due to the launch of a greenfield platform and the pressure that comes with it, you will be guiding several Agile/SCRUM teams to success by meeting the deliverables in time, in scope and on budget.
- Motivate and lead the team toward the achievement of key goals and objectives adhering to established timelines
- Add structure to the complete development process and how this is embedded in the organization
- Formalize and standardize processes within development and across departments
- Keep key stakeholders (MD, other department managers, senior management) informed on the status on projects (progress, risks, etc.)
- Support and facilitate the team leads and their team members to grow in their personal development and their skillsets
- Evaluate on a monthly basis how the development team functions, this includes processes, KPI’s/reviews and personal development
- Organize and keep an overview of all development projects in Jira and create reports/dashboards for stakeholders
- Act as mentor/coach for the team leads
- Responsible (together with key stakeholders and HR) for the hiring and performance management of team members.
- Proven experience as a Leader of software development teams
- Previous experience working in high-performance, large scale data computing systems
- Very strong, up-to-date technical knowledge of modern development languages such as Java and C#. You are still able to conduct code reviews if and when required
- Having worked in company that creates products is a distinctive plus
- Preferably having worked with a software vendor
- Strong stakeholder management skills
WHAT’s THE OFFER?
You will be working in a true tech company that invests a lot in its people but also in the tools the employees need and want to do their job. This in a nice environment in the region of The Hague that is easily accessible by car and public transport.
A salary in the range of € 85.000, = per year with excellent secondary benefits.
For questions, you can contact Martijn Brinkhorst on +31 (0) 6 13 65 33 54 or firstname.lastname@example.org