Senior Data Governance Advisor
On behalf of a multinational we are currently looking to get in touch with an experienced Data Governance Advisor who will play a crucial role in the further professionalisation of the Data Governance function.
The organisation is currently accelerating their Digital Transformation. In order to make the transformation successful they have set up a new team of senior Data Governance Advisors, helping the business make most use of their data. The team acts between the business and IT, being the trusted data advisors and data advocates to both of them. You will be working in an international setting with extreme large and complex data sets.
Data Governance is being driven from a Board level with accordingly allocated budgets and tooling.
In this role you will advise senior management on how best to apply Data Governance in order to create value for the organisation whilst adhering to the ultimate data integrity and standardization across processes and IT systems. Not only in the present but also for the future.
You do this by gathering information related requirements such as business process and regulatory requirements. As an advisor you secure approvals from all stakeholders and lead the change control process on data models directly.
Topics you will address are target information mode information, definition of regulatory and standardization controls, including data quality, end-to-end consistency, as well as data management processes and the documentation in the correct methodology.
On a functional level you own all matters relating to the functional mapping of value sets, data migration strategy, cleansing and migration rules definitions, engagement with business for data preparation and business data validation in the context of data migration projects.
In this role you will also have very close relations with the Data architects, Data Quality and Data Analytics to make sure data flows, data models and related controls are implemented as designed.
In the meanwhile, you contribute to the data domain master data management roadmap, including the data flows and data hub strategy and secure execution in line with the strategy, in close cooperation with the other domains such as IT architecture, IT delivery, you peers, the business and the MDM product owners.
As a Senior Data Advisor, you build a culture of data excellence and standardization on the agreed data models and data management processes through active stakeholder management at all levels in the organization.
In close cooperation with you peers you are accountable to govern data across the enterprise, support business transformation on data and information through data, process, reporting and analytics design, data preparation, migration and validation activities, as well as providing continuous operational services on enterprise data serving markets, businesses and functions.
What you bring
- extensive experience in a Thought Leadership role in Data Governance management
- data, process and application expertise in MDM solutions, CRM, online, etc
- a strong understanding of data management, including data governance, quality or data and data migrations
- The ability to manage a broad range of senior stakeholders, including strong communication skills to challenge and influence your counterparts
- demonstrate Thought Leadership skills to craft, maintain and systematically apply Data models in cross-functional, worldwide business processes
- have a confirmed multi year track record in leadership roles driving MDM initiatives
- the ability to be influential in complex change programs and effectively coordinate many changes going on in different programs in parallel
What you get in return
- the opportunity to drive impact in enterprise data integrity cross processes and IT systems through adequate data standardization, enabling seamless business transactions and reliable insights towards decision making. You can really see the impact of your efforts in your daily dealings
- to work with one of the strongest Data Governance teams of the Netherlands
- a challenging, complex environment
- the ability to further grow your own career
- a salary that is competitive, up to € 115.000 and excellent secondary benefits